Debangshu Paul's Photography

My photo
Hi !!! I am just trying to share my views through my photos. This is where I'll share my latest photography. If you like it or have any opinion feel free to leave comment :) Thanks for dropping by !!!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

ACCESSORIES OF NIKON COOLPIX L120 AND A LITTLE REVIEW :


I just bought two accessories for my Nikon coolpix L120. These are :

1.       Raynox DCR-250 super macro lens


                                       



2.       0.43x wide angle fisheye lens with macro by zeikos

Zeikos .43x is again divided into fisheye and macro part which can be separated. I haven’t found yet any way touse the fisheye lens separately, but the super macro lens can be mounted on the adapter individually.




I have done some experiments to compare them and also compare with the camera without lens.
To check the macro I targeted a tiny branch with little leaves. The results are:

1.       Nikon coolpix L120





2.       Nikon coolpix L120 + Raynox Dcr-250



3.       Nikon coolpix L120 + Zeikos macro part only


 The zeikos gave most zoom but there is remarkable abrasion  at the edges. I found no chromatic abrasion at raynox.

To check the wide angle ability I set the camera at my balcony and took shots from the same position with no zoom.

1.       Nikon coolpix L120


1.       Nikon coolpix L120 + zeikos 0.43x wide angle fisheye lens with macro





 The wide angle adds a lot more view but as you can see it cuts the view. So with the lens you have to zoom a bit to avoid that round black shape. And even after zooming it pretty good if you want to use it for wide angle lens. But if you observe zeikos has much amount of chromatic abrasion at the edges and the details are not achieved properly.

I dont yet know which one is better because though fisheye creates remarkable chromatic abrasion i liked its macro part. And with some experiment the fisheye may be used to add some different dimensions in the photos. But i liked the raynox very much though it has a little more magnification than the zeikos, it provides more clarity.

another important point i want to add. both zeikos macro part and raynox are only for macro photography. I could not use these for potrait or other experiments.

Hope this post will help you if you are using Nikon Coolpix L120 or any bridge camera and want to add accessories.


9 comments:

  1. search by name at amazan........i bought them from amazan usa

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi. i need some help. i have the same device ( nikon l120 coolpix) and his stabilizer isn't working. He doesn't have this one or should I set it somehow? Sorry for my stupid question but i'm a beginner. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to menu>> setup>> vibration reduction.... you should find 3 options there... on/ off/ hybrid...........

      Delete
  3. Hi could you please post the links for these accessories . I can't seem to find them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.amazon.com/DCR-250-Super-Macro-Snap-On-Lens/dp/B000A1SZ2Y/ref=pd_sbs_p_1 http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Lens-Nikon-Cameras-Including/dp/B005S52IBQ

      Delete
  4. how much is the Raynox DCR-250 super macro lens? thanks. it can be possible that this time it is available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope this link will help bro :)
      http://www.amazon.com/DCR-250-Super-Macro-Snap-On-Lens/dp/B000A1SZ2Y/ref=pd_sbs_p_1

      Delete